3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Create sci-fi creatures
Create the cover!
- Take advantage of DynaMesh in ZBrush to sculpt an epic Carlos Huante monster bust with Rockstar North's Jamie-Lee Lloyd.
Behind Prometheus: The king of creatures
- Explore the art of 'Prometheus' creature designer Carlos Huante and discover how he turned a love of monsters into a career.
Create sci-fi creatures
- Concept in Photoshop and then model your own movie-quality beasts in ZBrush and Maya with step-by-step tutorials by Ninja Theory pros.
Model picture-perfect cartoons
- Jose Alves da Silva presents his 3ds Max and ZBrush workflow to create a new exclusive character for 3D Artist magazine.
- Enter our two competitions to win Carlos Huante monster busts and copies of iClone 5!
- Scott Robertson reveals how to generate infinite ideas for mech suits with modo's Replicators
- Surviving 21 years in the business, Saddington Baynes reveals how it continues to conquer new grounds
- New to 3D? Get off to a flying start with our guide to 3D software for the jobs you want
- Model architectural destruction in a Maya masterclass by Digital-Tutors – with accompanying video tuition
- Discover texture baking tips for 3ds Max – great if you're creating assets for real-time game environments!
- Improve your rigging and take control of FK spines in Maya with Bournemouth NCCA lecturer, Jahirul Amin
- Master Unity's tree editor to populate your game environments
- Find DAZ 3D's popular Victoria and Michael 5 models free on the disc and learn how to use them wisely
- Explore the MassFX tool in 3ds Max to achieve more realistic randomness in your illustrations
- Considering a new workstation? Check out the new Chillblast Fusion Projection system
- We review Michael 5 to find out more about DAZ 3D's newest anatomically correct male model
- Are you a PC? Discover the Samsung Slate – is it a good alternative for design professionals?
- The Wacom Intuos5 touch gets put to the test as we check out the next-gen tablet for digital artists
- Animation studio Planktoon reveals its stunning Parisian-feel animated film, 'Réflexion'
- German studio nhb discusses 'Homecoming', an incredible sci-fi TV commercial for the Smart car
- Miguel Ortega shares an inspiring portfolio and explains why he's left the Hollywood circuit to go solo
- Fancy studying in New Zealand? The Media Design School's BA of Art and Design gets a close-up
- Plus find out all the latest community and industry news, check out the latest gallery finds – and more!
Free with this issue...
- An exclusive 90-day LightWave 11 software trial
- DAZ 3D's flagship Victoria 5 and Michael 5
- Over three hours of video training, including in-depth Maya and ZBrush tuition
- Maxwell Render trial with free textures and plug-ins
- Free premium textures from FanExtra's members-only archive
- Plus tutorial files to help you follow the techniques on show in the magazine