3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Sculpt and texture vehicles
Sculpt a space vehicle in ZBrush
- Voyage into sci-fi transport design and learn how to concept, build and texture striking sci-fi vehicles.
Texture a stealth plane in MARI
- Complete with a free model on the disc, this tutorial will help you develop industry-standard texturing skills.
Create a futuristic cityscape
- Master the art of composition and learn to use geometry to create large-scale scenes with bigger impact.
Learn to rig in 3ds Max
- Let your skills take off with a complete guide to rigging wings, plus video tutorial files for maximum results.
- Learn to build unique arch-vis assets in 3ds Max with a guide to creating photocell plant models
- Find out how to create a control rig in Maya in the first of a 2-part tutorial for realistic character animation
- See how Blender can be used to create UV maps for colourful 3D-printed models
- Use CINEMA 4D to master inventive 3D fonts for your commercial projects and portfolio boosts
- Can a ZBrush and modo workflow make life easier when it comes to UVs? Find out how in our expert tutorial
- An eclectic new studio startup in London proves that size doesn't matter when it comes to awesome VFX
- The makers of ParaNorman reveal how handmade sculpture met 3D printing and VFX in this feature film
- MPC reveals how VFX helped expand Ridley Scott's alien world in a stunning Studio Access feature
- 3D eye candy at its very best: a stunning gallery of the team's hot picks from artists the world over
- We search far and wide to bring you the cream of the crop of happenings in the 3D community
- Our readers strut their stuff in the 3D Artist Online Gallery showcase – are you one of them?
- Find out what makes the Ultimate Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2013 worth a pretty penny in our review
- Maxwell Render 2.7 gets put to the test as we check out the latest iteration of the rendering engine
- We review the WS1850 system to find out if the NVIDIA Maximus workstation is a wise investment for designers
- Go behind the scenes of a budget monster movie created by the students at Artfx
- Medicine meets 3D: discover how Matt Briggs makes a living as a scientific illustrator
- Check out the VFX Production Diploma at one of Vancouver's finest schools: Lost Boys Studios
- Find out all the latest industry news and product launches
- Plus win 6 months of Gnomon Workshop training or 5TB cloud storage from Livedrive in our latest competitions
Free with this issue...
- Over $700 worth of content, including:
- 3 hours video tuition from Digital-Tutors
- Exclusive Maya video training
- 78 minutes tutorials from The Gnomon Workshop
- A free stealth plane model ready for texturing
- 300 free sci-fi textures for your scenes
- 2 futuristic robot models
- iClone 4SE software with free resources worth $150
- Maxwell Render for SketchUp trial with tutorials