Top hints and tips to guide you through the best open source software and operating systems.
In this bookazine...
Unlock the potential of open source operating systems
- Build, create and enhance your system.
- Unlock the true power of open source.
- Great distros and applications.
- Customise and tweak your system.
- Achieve a perfect multi-boot
- Create shared space for your multi-boot system
- Rescue a broken system
- Create a file and print server
- Build an Arch Linux system from scratch
- Make apps for Ubuntu Software Centre
- Build an app for Android
- Get scientific with Python
- Program in Python on the Raspberry Pi
- Write utilities for the Raspberry Pi
- GUI programming on the Raspberry Pi
- Build a file server with the Raspberry Pi
- Build a network of Raspberry Pis
- Build a Node.js web server on the Pi
- Program a game on the Raspberry Pi
- Add sound and AI to Pi Pong
- Virtualise RasPi with QEMU
- Build Chromium OS with Aura
- Net install distros with Cobbler
- Keep an eye on your server with tmux
- Monitor your system with Conky
- Back up with Livedrive
- Create a static website with nanoc
- Build a headless virtualisation server with VirtualBox
- Make an open source to-do list
- Create an office backup system
- Back up with a dedicated distro
- Make a Twitter app on Arduino
- Recycle your PC
- Speed up Linux
- Remix your own distro
- Automate your boot time using init scripts
- Speed up your PHP applications
- Modify extensions for GNOME
- Create a RasPi media centre
- Turn your Pi into an internet radio
- Build a retro arcade emulator with your Pi
- Take control of your Android with SL4A
- Manipulate smartphone GPS data with QGIS
Apps & Distros
- Ubuntu 12.10: Is it still the best?
- Mageia 2
- Linux Mint 13 Maya
- CentOS 6.3
- Qubes 1.0s
- CAINE 3.0
- VLC Media Player
- Synaptic Package Manager
- Muon Package Management System