Packed with step-by-step tutorials covering some of the most common distros and software available, Linux Tips, Tricks, Apps & Hacks Volume 2 is an essential guide to maximising the potential of your open-source setup.
In this bookazine...
Unlock the potential of open source operating systems
- Find out which distro is best for your open-source system’s needs.
- Secure your network, make packages and much more.
- Use open-source apps to enhance your system.
- Advanced tutorials that focus on customisation and creating.
- Python masterclass
- Create a multi-user IM system
- Get started with system administration
- Configure a secure virtual private network
- Build your own pro-grade firewall
- Deploy Fedora over a network
- Make your own DEB and RPM packages
- Install a Linux distro on Android
- Dual boot with Windows 8
- Network wirelessly with wicd
- Manage your system with Webmin
- Synchronise your files with Unison
- Make a small business database with LibreOffice
- Create and save data with a MongoDB database
- Create your own Google Reader
- Create professional presentations with LaTeX
- Make the most of open-source genealogy with Gramps
- Take pictures and video with the Raspberry Pi Camera
- Turbocharge your cloud
- Bypass restrictive firewalls using SSH tunnelling
- Create a custom build of Gentoo
- Create a custom Linux kernel to optimise performance
- Resize your disks on the fly with LVM
- Speed up Linux with Openbox
- Turn your Raspberry Pi into a secure router
- openSUSE 13.1 RC 1
- Linux Mint 16 RC
- AV Linux 6.0.1
- Bodhi Linux
- System RescueCD