Linux User & Developer is the only Linux magazine that caters for IT professionals, business users and advanced enthusiasts. Whether you're a system administrator, software developer or a self-confessed Linux geek, the magazine features the latest cutting-edge techniques you need, explained by our crack team of open source experts that work at the heart of the open source movement. Now in its tenth year, Linux User & Developer has built up its long-held reputation as the ultimate choice for the GNU generation by delivering the most in-depth tutorials, features and commentary on the biggest topics in modern computing. With Linux User & Developer the future of open source computing is in your hands. The magazine comes with a DVD featuring the latest in distros, open source tools and project files.
In this issue...
10 Best desktop environments + Get Linux on Android
KDE Plasma 5 vs Gnome, Unity, Cinnamon…
– Design, workflow, usability – which DE is right for you?
Run Linux on Android
– Your favourite Linux tools and distros, in your pocket
Nvidia Jetson TK 1
– Putting Nvidia’s new single-board computer to the test
Write useful shell scripts – Part 3
– Functions, refactoring code and exotic Bash syntax
- OpenSource: Your source of Linux news and views
- KDE Plasma 5 vs Gnome, Unity, Cinnamon…
- Run Linux on Android
- Write useful shell scripts – Part 3
- Process text faster with Awk and Sed
- Boot Linux from an NFS server
- Send and receive emails using Node.js
- Serve a Joomla! website using Nginx
- Manage your business using Alfresco
- My Pi Project: Bullet Pi
- Make a Raspberry Pi sampler
- Build a smart alarm clock
- Program Arduino on the Raspberry Pi
- FAQ: What is Python?
- Group test: Screenwriting software
- Review: Zotac Nvidia Jetson TK1
- Review: Android-x86 4.4
- Review: DS115j
- Your questions answered
- Hosting listings
- Your view: Letters and comments
Free with this issue...
Live-booting DVD with four distros, 10 desktop environments and 20 apps