Packed with step-by-step tutorials covering some of the most common distros and software available, Linux Tips, Tricks, Apps & Hacks Volume 2 is an essential guide to maximising the potential of your open-source setup.
In this bookazine...
Unlock the potential of open source operating systems
- Find out which distro is best for your open-source system’s needs.
- Secure your network, make packages and much more.
- Use open-source apps to enhance your system.
- Advanced tutorials that focus on customisation and creating.
- Get started with system administration
- Test your network's security
- Protect your network
- Configure a secure virtual private network
- Build your own pro-grade firewall
- Host your own webmail server
- Deploy Fedora over a network
- Make your own DEB and RPM packages
- Dual-boot from an external hard drive
- Run Linux on an Android device
- Network wirelessly with wicd
- Manage your system with Webmin
- Synchronise your files with Unison
- Make a small business database with LibreOffice
- Create and save with a MongoDB database
- Maintain and manage all of your machines with Puppet
- Visualise directory structures with Graphviz
- Edit videos in Kdenlive
- Build your own private cloud with ownCloud
- Design exciting presentations with Hovercraft
- Set up a wireless access point with a Raspberry Pi
- Turbocharge your cloud
- Speed up Linux with Openbox
- Bypass restrictive firewalls using SSH tunnelling
- Create a custom child of Gentoo
- Create a custom Linux kernel to optimise performance
- Resize your disks on the fly with LVM
- Scrape Wikipedia with Beautiful Soup
- openSUSE 13.1 RC 1
- Linux Mint 16 RC
- Tails 1.2
- Fedora 19 Schrodinger's Cat
- LXLE 14.04
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- wattOS R8
Free with this bookazine......
- A walkthrough on creating and saving data with a Mongo DB database
- A tutorial on how to design presentations easily with Hovercraft
- Three highly recommended distress: Linux Mint, openSUSE and Fedora
- All the software you could need to improve your Linux-based projects