Linux User & Developer is the world’s premium magazine for Linux professionals and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts, dedicated to the proliferation of open source tools and knowledge. Get a handle on DevOps this issue with an in-depth feature on Docker, Puppet and Vagrant, plus a guide to CoreOS and an interview with Otto and Vagrant creator Mitchell Hashimoto. Raspberry Pi gamers will love our tutorials on coding Breakout and Tempest from scratch.
In this issue...
Create software faster
– Deploy and orchestrate containers like a pro
Otto: Meet the new Vagrant
– Mitchell Hashimoto unveils his new automation tool
Make games with Pygame Zero
– Easily code a Breakout clone with the new library
Best backup solutions
– We test the best packages for safeguarding data
– OpenSource: Your source of Linux news and views
– Interview: Otto – Meet the new Vagrant
– Feature: DevOps – Create software faster
– Systems programming: Files and directories
– Compile software with the GCC
– Run container clusters on CoreOS
– Make your perfect Plasma 5 desktop
– Create user interfaces with MonoDevelop
– Computer science: Find strings with hash tables
– My Pi Project: Tron PiDesk
– Feature: Code Breakout with Pygame Zero
– Python column: Add multimedia to your Pi
– Hack a robot with the Energenie Pi-Mote IR board
– Code a Tempest clone in FUZE BASIC – Part 1
– Competition: Win a FUZE T2-SE-R workstation!
– Group Test: Best backup solutions
– Review: Compulab Fitlet iA10
– Review: Free software
– Web hosting listings
– Your questions answered
– FileSilo: Your free resources this issue
Free with this issue...
4 Distros, 20 FOSS packages, 20 hours of video guides and seminars, tutorial code and assets