Linux User & Developer is the world’s premium magazine for Linux professionals and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts, dedicated to the proliferation of open source tools and knowledge. Find out how to build your own network from scratch in this issue, including remote access, file and media servers, custom DNS and DHCP servers for an internet gateway, and more. Plus, learn how to hack an Xbox controller with the Pi Zero to make a hand-held emulation station!
In this issue...
Sysadmin’s Guide to Networking
Sysadmin: Total Guide to Networks
– Expert server configurations with indispensable features
Xbox Zero Arcade
– Crack open an old controller and stuff a Pi Zero inside it
Genuino 101 reviewed
– Is Arduino’s new microcomputer/microcontroller hybrid for you?
Let’s Encrypt certification
– Authenticate your web certificates using this hot new service
– OpenSource: Your source of Linux news and views
– Interview: Undefinable Keila
– Feature: Sysadmin – Total Guide to Networks
– Systems programming: Developing server processes
– Hack the Atom editor
– Add textures in MonoGame
– Secure your web server with Let’s Encrypt
– Big Data – Set up a Hadoop cluster
– Computer science: Creating and using binary trees
– Feature: Xbox Zero Arcade
– My Pi Project: Self-driving RC car
– Python column: Motion tracking with your Pi
– Build a Pi cluster with Docker Swarm
– Create a Minesweeper game in Minecraft
– Group Test: Video calling software
– Review: Genuino 101
– Review: Tails 2.0
– Reviews: Free software
– Web hosting listings
– FileSilo: Your free resources this issue
Free with this issue...
4 Distros, 20 FOSS packages, 20 hours of video guides and seminars, tutorial code and assets