Linux User & Developer is the world’s premium magazine for Linux professionals and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts, dedicated to the proliferation of open source tools and knowledge. The latest long-term support release of Ubuntu is here, so find out what’s in version 16.04 with our complete guide. Discover how Ubuntu is converging across your devices and the new technologies under the hood that will supercharge your PC. Plus we get hands-on with the micro:bit, the little single-board computer that could revolutionise the way that kids learn ICT (and provide us with some fun projects to play along!) Elsewhere in the issue you’ll learn how to debug a virtual machine, get to grips with the basics of the Go programming language, edit video in OpenShot 2.0 and much more.
In this issue...
Ubuntu 16.04 launch pack
Hands-on with the micro:bit
- The BBC’s single-board sensation is finally revealed
Learn how to program in Go
- Start coding in Google’s open source language
Debug with a virtual machine
- Clone your system to simplify testing
Networked sensor displays
- Display live data from another Raspberry Pi
- Robolinux 8.4 review
- Android environments group test
- Data recovery with Knoppix
- Get the most out of CoreOS with sub systems
- Build a Raspberry Pi sound system
Free with this issue...
Disc with four distros to live boot, including Ubuntu 16.04