Linux User & Developer is the world’s premium magazine for Linux professionals and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts, dedicated to the proliferation of open source tools and knowledge.
Want to know how to get three computers for the price of one? Simple: multi boot your system. With our complete guide to partitioning your hard drive and installing multiple operating systems, you can be running Windows for when you need it, everyday Linux for when you don’t and a specialist distro for all your professional computing needs. Meanwhile, if you’ve got a maker project on the go and you need more than the Raspberry Pi can provide, take a look at our pick of the 10 best boards for makers. There’s something for everyone, from kids to developers. Plus, learn how to master virtualisation, compile source code safely, run Linux on an Android device and much more.
In this issue...
Multi boot your system
10 best boards for makers
- Looking for an alternative to Raspberry Pi? Try one of these
- Set up a host and run virtual machines
Run Linux on an Android device
- Install your favourite OS in a chroot on your phone
Handle control structures in Bash
- Modify a script’s execution sequence
- Compile source code safely
- Collaborate in Ganib
- Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition on test
- Compile software faster with distcc
- Hack a toy with the Pi Zero
Free with this issue...
DVD featuring three live booting distros plus the best backup and partitioning utilities to help you multi boot your system