3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
Features and Interviews
- Tech secrets of Avatar – See how the Na’Vi were originally sculpted and more
- Inside Maxon – What the creators of CINEMA 4D have been up to
- Taylor James – Enter the world of massive hi-res print campaigns
How to create amazing pieces of artwork
- Tiger in the Jungle – 3ds Max – Use the HairFX plug-in to make a tiger
- Laguna – Poser and Vue – Create a Jack Vettriano style beach scene
- Stifled Smile – Maya and ZBrush- How to create perfect skin tones using SSS
Inside info and lots of tech-talk
- Masterclass: New feature explains how to create realistic eyes
- Questions & Answers: Hot topics explained for Maya, 3ds Max, Vue, Poser and CINEMA 4D
- Back to basics: Another new feature tells you everything you need to know about CGI lighting
The inside track on the CGI industry
- Workspace news – learn what’s happening in the 3D industry
- Guillaume Tiberghien – the talented 3D character modeller for Ubisoft
- Uni Foucs – check out the talent at Brigham Young University
Please note: The menu system on this magazine’s coverdisc will not operate on Apple’s Lion OS, but you can still access all of the content on a Mac.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.