3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
Features and interviews
- Asylum FX - A closer look at one of LA’s top visual effects studios.
- Racing renders - We visit Cosworth to find out more about its 3D engine designs.
- 3D on the move - The best 3D apps for the Apple iPad.
- Create a portrait with bite with a ‘making of’ Nosferatu.
- Make a modo character (part one).
- Craft your own ‘infestation’ creature.
- A guide to a professional arc-vis project.
In the Workshop
- Design microscopic images.
- Animation rigging in Cinema 4D.
- Tackle depth of field in Blender.
- Apply textures to models in Maya.
- Master plan rendering in 3ds Max.
- Double Negative talks about its visual effects for Inception.
- How Ninja Theory’s lead character artist got a job in games.
- A focus on National Film & Television school’s SFX/VFX MA course.
On the disc
- Free animated goat model worth £418 from Rocketbox Studios.
- Free Audi A5 Coupé model, plus background, from Evermotion.
- Video tuition and reference photos from 3D.SK and Ryan Kittleson.
- Sound effects and loops worth £27.
- Magazine tutorial files.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.