3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Master realistic fur & hair
Digital sculpting tuition
- Craft feathers and flames for a phoenix
Videogame art uncovered
- Behind the scenes with EA's sci-fi horror Dead Space 2
- Perfect your work with our postproduction guide
Add motion in 3ds Max 2011
- Rig and move a model with the Character Animation Tools
- Master glass and liquids
- Tackle realistic fur and hair
- Ambient occlusion with edges in 3ds Max
- Create custom HDR images for Final Gather lighting
- Part two of the Futuristic Femme: Gavin talks textures
- Interview with Mark Gmehling – an artist who combines street art with C4D
- Plus product and software reviews
Free with this issue's cover disc...
- 53 Minutes of RealFlow 5 video tuition
- A head-modelling video guide for Maya
- 3D model from YURdigital worth $7.99
- Free furniture models from CG Workshop
- Magazine tutorial files