3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Improve your 3D skills
Create smoke and fire
- Form convincing flames with 3ds Max and FumeFX
- Blend the strengths of both ZBrush and Houdini to model liquid figurines
- A look at this digital art master's portfolio
Accurate terrain modelling in Rhino
- Make a workable graduated terrain model based on an AutoCAD file
- 'Muddy good skills' - how 3D artists are embracing clay and traditional sculpting techniques to improve their modelling skills
- 'Higher Learning' – how are educational institutes responding to the converging skillset of films and videogames
- Create quirky creatures set in a world made of cloth, card and buttons using Sculptris, modo and Maxwell
- Part three of the Futuristic Femme: Gavin covers rigging, weighting and posing
- Use Skin Morph for better character deformation
- Create a crater in Vue
- Add some grass to your arch-vis scenes in Photoshop
- Back to basics: Transform 2D into 3D in After Effects
- Plus product and software reviews
Free with this issue's cover disc...
- Head-modelling video tutorial
- Building model worth $120
- Three lamp models from CGAXIS.com
- Sound effects and loops worth $49