3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
- This legendary artist shares his industry expertise.
Essential ZBrush 4 tutorial
- Learn new sculpting skills with our guide.
Texture in LightWave
- Apply finishing touches to an interior scene.
- An insight into Sanders Shiers' recent projects.
- ShadowBoxing with style - use the new ShadowBox tool in ZBrush 4 to blend a stylised character with abstract shapes
- Blend 2D with 3D elements – use illustrative techniques to form a papercraft environment
- Master abstract art – create shapes with Maya, mental ray & XenoDream
- Build a 3D spacecraft from a professional 2D concept by Chee Ming Wong
- Making money from 3D - discover how to generate a little extra cash from your artwork
- Postprocessing a character in the Marmoset Toolbag
- Night-time interior lighting in 3ds Max
- Cloth dynamics in Blender
- Wrap deformers in Maya
Free with this issue's cover disc...
- Four Renderosity models worth $46
- Seven free paper textures
- N1-Interceptor spaceship model, worth $14.95
- 30 sound effects & loops worth $49
- Head-modelling video tuition
- Magazine tutorial files