3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
- In this exclusive feature, the Kung Fu Panda team talks tech, schedules & streamlining pipelines.
- Tips for handling high-detail textures, materials and shaders.
Pascal Blanché interview
- We venture into this artist's bold graphic universe.
- Explore 3D sketching, character creation & rendering techniques.
- Compositing in After Effects
- The basics of Blender
- Texturing in Maya
- Master realistic hair
- Build a spacecraft (part two)
- Edit materials in Maxwell Render
- Influencing particle simulation with geometry in Houdini
- Create a gory cut with stitches over flesh in ZBrush
- Industry insider interview: Tomás Müller
- Studio access: Kompost
- Masterclass: rendering enchancements in ZBrush 4
- More for mocap – how this tech is becoming ever-more accessible and affordable
- All the latest community & industry news
- Hardware and training reviews
Free with this issue's cover disc...
- Full training course - 59-minute ZBrush video workshop, courtesy of Digital-Tutors
- 113 minutes of ZBrush video tuition
- Five free kitchen models from CGAxis.com worth $101
- 20 free textures
- Magazine tutorial files