3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Master 3D vehicle design
Texturing for beginners
- Lack digital painting skills? We have the answer…
Personalise stock models
- Make a stylised character with realistic textures & materials.
- Create custom-animated graphics on a surface near you.
- This top studio talks about its work on Thor.
- RailClone for 3ds Max
- Tattoo game characters
- Linear colour space explained
- Add convincing shadows in post
- Build a muscle car from concept – part one
- Jelmer Boskma – how one digital sculptor broke into Hollywood
- Create abstract artwork with everyday objects
- Learn how to create vibrant, fluid designs with Xenodream and 3ds Max
- Chasing dreams – delving into the world of indie filmmaking
- All the latest community and industry news
- Hardware, software and training reviews
Free with this issue...
- A 43-minute eye-modelling video tutorial from Simply Maya
- 3DTA talks textures in this 26-minute training clip
- 15 high-resolution textures
- Furniture models worth $108
- Six animated shorts
- Magazine tutorial files