3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Explore rigging & animation
Texturing & shaders
- Add detail and realism to your work.
3D for mobile platforms
- A masterclass in making graphics for games.
- 3D vs photography – a look at the future of CGI
- How 3D is being used to uncover the secrets of the past.
- Carbon Scatter plug-in – create large, natural-looking landscapes with ease
- ZBrush creature detailing tips
- Interview with Chris LaBrooy
- Car animation with 3ds Max plug-in MadCar
- Making of Belle: part 2
- Behind the scenes: making of Pedro Conti's Ladybug
- Retro-style post-production
- Create a realistic iceberg texture in Vue
- Rendering features in modo 501
- Rigid body simulations in 3ds Max
- Introduction to modo
- Latest industry and community news
- Studio Access: Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 2011 trailer
- Industry insider: Dan Lupton
- Software and training reviews
Free with this issue...
- Includes a free 20-page mini magazine
- And a disc...
On the cover disc...
- Models and resources worth $127
- MadCar with demo scene
- Four office models from CGAxis.com
- 20 free substances plus editor from Allegorithmic
- Ten free HDRI spherical images from Luxology