3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Build sci-fi landscapes
- The studio's team talks about its latest CG feature film Arthur Christmas.
- Discover a brand new way of creating hard surfaces.
The art of Halo
- We celebrate the visuals of this legendary franchise.
Experiment with textures
- Surface design tips for convincing chrome, rust, tyres and more.
- Sculpt slime
- Create holograms
- Set up studio lighting
- Believable skin in Poser
- Compositing masterclass
- Back to basics: Morph targets - a beginner's guide to facial rigging
- Create a character from concept with ZBrush and SoftImage
- Project Focus: Flake
- Studio Access: Goldtooth Creature - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Industry insider: Ralph Richter
- Course focus: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation - Savannah Collecge of Art and Design
Free with this issue's free cover disc...
- GroBoto extended trial, plus exclusive discount
- DAZ and Poser scenes worth $26.95
- Ten bathroom-themed models worth $120
- CGAxis exotic tree models worth $60
- 50 sound effects and loops worth $60