3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
- Make an animated short in CINEMA 4D & After Effects.
- Add movement to your models with this guide.
- Create original, soft-looking lettering from hard polygons.
Power in Unity
- A look at Massive Black's latest project.
- Two free gifts! Exclusive 3D Artist calendar, plus a disc worth $339!
- Win a 3D printer, courtesy of MakerBot, worth $2,500!
- ZBrush 4 R2's Wax Modifier & LightCap tools explained
- Upgrade your hardware on a budget
- Terra Nova - Pixomondo talks dinosaurs and visual effects
- Arch-vis advice - including textures & materials tuition, lighting setups, plus more
- Vehicle design Masterclass
- Finger Industries interview
- Moss-covered rocks in Vue
- Posing in Maya and ZBrush
- Getting started in Unity
- Tips for 3D printing
- Abstract art using PF and GhostTrails
_ Photoreal results - using Octane Render to achieve realism in scenes
- Course Focus: The Rydan Workshop - Introduction to digital concept art
- Modern Warfare 3 - an insight into the games industry from the series' animation director
- Reviews: Wacom Cintiq 24 HD, Vue 10 and Scan 3XS Sandybridge Xeon system
Free with this issue...
- Over 7 hours of video training, including a vehicle design masterclass from Digital-Tutors, plus character rigging in Cinema 4D