3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Master the art of skin & eyes
Textures in Photoshop
- Create and apply custom exteriors to models with our step-by-step tutorial.
Realistic fluid simulations
- A beginner's guide to tackling liquids in Blender.
Shading & rendering
- Use a multi-application pipeline to achieve a photographic finish.
Sculpt in detail
- A character design and development guide, starting in ZBrush 4 R2.
- Luxology - the maker of modo turns ten
- The Paper Fox - how one artist sought crowd funding to bring his project to life
- Industry Insider: Andy Grisdale - This Pixar animator and layout artist talks Cars 2 and more
- Project Focus: Tendril
- Studio Access: The Emotionist
- Course Focus: Game Art Design at DeMontford
- Automatic LOD creation in 3ds Max
- Crowd control using the ScatterFX plugin
– Create and sell your assets
- DynaMesh explained
- Composite a 3D model into a photograph
- Latest community and industry news
- Hardware and training product reviews
- Plus more
Free with this issue's cover disc
- 29 backplates and matched HDRi worth over £7,600
- Over four hours of video tuition
- Free models
- Tutorial files