3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Create seamless textures
Character design tips
- Experiment with speed-sculpting techniques to concept original creatures quickly and easily.
Interiors in Blender
- Produce photocell scenes with this free 3D application and the Cycles rendering engine.
- How to tackle expressions, plus an in-depth editing masterclass.
- Use the new EcoSystem tool to generate rocky terrain.
- Customising DAZ models
- Depth of field effects
- Guide to going freelance
- Painting in Mudbox
- Texture painting in Mari
- File Link manager in 3ds Max
- Character design and development (part two)
- Create vinyl toy-style characters
- Interview: Paul Clements
- Interview: Matthieu Roussel
- Project Focus: Curriculum Vitae
- Studio Access: Rainmaker
- Industry insider: Simon Reeves
- Course Focus: Digital Animation at Capilano
- Review: Phoenix FD 2.0
- Review: IPW-SB
- Review: 3DTotal's Digital Painting in Photoshop book
- Brian Horgan explains how to animate a take in CINEMA 4D
Free with this issue's cover disc...
- Two hours of modo training
- A set of four car models from Humster3D worth $300 (including a Lamborghini Murciélago, a BMW 7 series, plus more)
- DAZ Studio 4 resources - a free Victoria 5 skin texture, plus exclusive discount code
- CGAxis furniture models
- High-quality assets from 3DOcean worth $70
- Tutorial files – animation video training from Brian Horgan, Wayne Robson's reference images, stamps, video files and more