3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Sculpt with ZBrush
Photoreal CG environments
- Finishing touches for an exterior scene.
- Produce commercial art using modo.
- Workflow advice for idea generation and development.
Sculpt with ZBrush
- Utilise the DynaMesh tool, create custom Alphas and achieve a hard-surface look.
- Destruction techniques - A beginner's guide to Fracture functions in Blender
- Rig wings in Maya - prepare your 3D model for movement
- Texturing tuition - create coverings in ArtRage & Photoshop
- Underwater Vue - build a realistic aquatic landscape
- Projection mapping - how one studio created an immersive movie experience like no other
- Mudbox lighting - Play with HDRis, filters and depth of field to preview external render results
- Adding realistic grass to scenes in modo
- Studio Access: Brainstorm Digital and its work on BoardWalk Empire
- Industry Insider: Michiel Cornelissen
- Project Focus: Glass Boy
Free with this issue...
Cover disc freebies include:
- Free full copy of Vue 9 Frontier, worth $99
- 3D.SK resources - a collection of fantastic reference files for you to study
- Exclusive discount code: $100 off the modo PACK kit
- Free CGAxis models
- Free cosy armchair from CG Workshop
- Magazine tutorial files