3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Master arch vis
Master arch vis
- Build a residential property from the ground up with the first of our three-part guide.
Rig in modo 601
- Artist Richard Yot talks through Luxology's latest tools for animation.
- Use Pixar Subdivision Surfaces, built-in assets and more for product visualisation.
- Generate an arid landscape using LightWave, ZBrush and Photoshop.
- Behind the scenes with Aardman's Pirates
- Industry insider: Simon Blanc - find out what it's like to work for the world-famous studio, Blur
- Studio Access: John Carter of Mars
- MoCap & Kinect: create motion-capture sequences with affordable technology
- Studio setups: backdrops, lighting and cameras explained
- Going through the motions - a closer look at motion capture, how it's changing the industry and where it can go from here
- Ambient occlusion rendering in LightWave
- Sculpting facial hair in ZBrush
- 3D floorplans in 3ds Max
- Life drawing tips from The Art Department
- Datacolor Spyder4 Elite review
- Project Focus: VRZ 1
- Course Focus: Motion Design at Ringling College
Free with this issue's cover disc
- 40+ minutes of video training, courtesy of The Art Department
- Free foliage worth $164
- CGAxis HDRi map
- 3DOcean models worth $97
- Magazine tutorial files