3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Ultimate guide to renderers
Ultimate guide to renderers
- Discover how industry artists increase speed, flexibility and realism in their renders.
Model a luxury car
- Design and model a slick concept car in 3ds Max with Hussain Almossawri and Marin Myftiu.
Making of 'Tesla'
- Blizzard artist Toni Bratincevic reveals his secrets in a step-by-step 3ds Max tutorial.
Arch-vis in Blender
- Part two of our three-part guide takes us from camera placement to interior and environment design.
- MakieLab's Alice Taylor explains how 3D printing has opened up the toy market.
- Yasin Hasanian teaches textures, materials and lighting for picture-perfect renders in Maya.
- Use render elements in V-Ray for Maya for a number of effects in the Masterclass tutorial.
- Improve your interior designs with a tutorial on how to make realistic fabrics for furniture.
- Discover clouds and candy floss in the volumetric rendering tutorial for modo 601.
- Go back to basics in Unity with Roald Hoyer-Hansen with an introduction to the free game engine.
- We review Armari Magnetor X32-AW1275, a bespoke workstation housing the powerful Intel Xeon E5.
- Discover what's in modo 601 with an in-depth review of Luxology's feature-packed 3D software.
- The Hot Rod Art Book by Dwayne Vance and David Giraud's Mara3D male anatomy apps get tested.
- See what DAZ3D has to offer in the new 3D Model Pro Suite.
- Explore the paper-crafted world of Derrick the Deathfin, a PlayStation Network game.
- Mi takes us behind the scenes with a look at its promo work for PS Vita's augmented reality games.
- Industry insider Jack du Rose shares his portfolio of exquisite jewellery designed in ZBrush.
- Do your homework: check out animationAteam.com's 6-month Online VFX Creature School program.
Free with this issue...
- Three rendering software trials: Maxwell Render, Bunkspeed PRO and KeyShot 3.
- 1.5 hours of video training from Digital-Tutors.
- Free HDRi maps from the UK-based StudioHDRIMaps.com worth £13.
- Free 3D models worth a combined $100 from 3DOcean.
- Discover Roald Hoyer-Hansen's workflow in Unity 3.5.