3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
- Learn all you need to go from sketch to final render in Teodoru Badiu's step-by-step tutorial.
Achieve ultimate 3D realism
- Refine your skills for convincing photoreal shots in Eric Cain's tutorial for 3ds Max and PS.
Explore the art of shaders
- Study Blender's new shading system in depth in the final stage of the 3-part arch-vis tutorial.
Master expressions in Maya
- Discover how to achieve realistic facial expressions for characters with Blend Shapes in Maya.
- Find out which apps can help you get your projects mobile in the 'Top 3D apps' feature.
- The talented Chris Kowal reveals his enticing interactive arch-vis web project.
- Increase your render power with a look at how render farms can boost productivity.
- Create your own HDR images to light scenes with better results in the Masterclass tutorial.
- Follow Roald Hoyer-Hansen's guide to sculpting terrain in the Unity game engine.
- Improve your ZBrush renders in Photoshop with Nacho Riesco Gostanza's finishing touches tuition.
- Learn how to make realistic materials with maps in 3ds Max in Paul Hatton's helpful tutorial.
- Go back to basics in Houdini to explore the art of destruction with a bridge demolition.
- Develop compositing techniques to blend 2D with 3D in Mike Campau's step-by-step modo tutorial.
- Check out the strength of the Boston Venom 2000-7T workstation in a detailed review.
- LightWave 11 gets put to the test by the experts in a review of NewTek's latest release.
- Houdini 12, Side Effects Software's procedural animation package, goes under the spotlight.
- See what the new ZBrush Character Sculpting book from 3DTotal Publishing has to offer.
- WeWereWonkeys discusses its highly creative music video 'Little Talks' for Of Monsters and Men.
- Animation specialists at metricminds talk about their mocap work for 'Risen 2'.
- Luma Pictures' Safari Sosebee gives an insight to working in the visual effects industry in LA.
- CG Workshops shares an insight into its 'Becoming a Better Artist' course.
- Find out all the latest community and industry news, check out the latest gallery finds, and more!
Free with this issue...
- 2.5 hours of video training from Digital-Tutors
Free 3D models worth a combined tutorial of over $100 from CGAxis, Mesh Factory and The Pixel Lab.
- 100 royalty-free anatomy photos courtesy of female-anatomy-for-artist.com.
- Free premium textures from FanExtra's members-only archive.
- A free HDR image map of a cityscape, shot exclusively for 3D Artist.
- Plus tutorial files to help you follow the techniques on show in the magazine.