3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Master the art of robot creation
Design and model a robot
- Understand robotic designs and perfect your hard-surface modelling techniques in 3ds Max.
Concept in ZBrush
- Learn from Hollywood artist Jerad Marantz's impressive ZBrush workflow when concepting characters.
Create detailed destruction
- Use 3ds Max to build bespoke assets and then demolish your scenes with MassFX for dramatic effects.
Sculpt an epic sci-fi terrain
- Discover how to use custom alphas to sculpt new levels of detail into your environments.
- Go behind Halo 4 to find out how new lighting, rendering and artistic vision has reinvented the Halo universe
- Jump on the green bandwagon with a look at how sustainability is changing how we design architecture
- Meet Creative Conspiracy, where passion, colour and a love for characters creates extraordinary animation
- Find out how to model a robotic head using Maya, ZBrush and TopoGun with Digital-Tutors' training
- Learn how to create effective volumetric lighting in your arch-vis interiors using 3ds Max and V-Ray
- See how you can improve your SketchUp renders with Maxwell Render for SketchUp
- Finalise your control rig with part 2 of our Maya rigging guide (part 1 featured in issue 45)
- Discover how to master expert garments for your characters with the help of Marvelous Designer
- We check out MindTex, the promising new map-generating software that could be a game-changer
- Find out why After Effects' artists love Element 3D, the awesome new plug-in from Video Copilot
- Discover what makes Vue a hit with top studios and individuals alike in an in-depth software review
- Will Paul Gaboury's ZBrush: Professional Tips + Techniques book help us become better artists? We find out!
- Design Studio Press' BLAST: Spaceship Sketches and Renderings book gets a close-up
- Will 5TB of cloud storage make a safe haven for your beloved assets? We review the Livedrive Pro Suite
- Our pick of the best images around: a stunning gallery of the team's hot picks from artists the world over
- After searching far and wide to find the latest happenings in the 3D community, we bring you the lowdown
- 3D Artist mag readers strut their stuff in the 3D Artist Online Gallery showcase – are you among them?
- Check out Up in the Sky, a psychedelic treat from the directors at Cube
- We interview LightWave expert Sean Hargreaves, who reveals his Hollywood career so far
- Want to be the best in VFX? Discover how Escape Studios is training the next generation of talent
- Plus find out all the latest industry news, product launches and more!
Free with this issue...
Over 5 hours of video training, including 2.5 hours of robot modelling tuition from Digital-Tutors
Free arch-vis models worth a combined $300, courtesy of CGAxis.com and The3dStudio.com
Element 3D tutorials and assets from the guys at Video Copilot
Discover 3D in After Effects with even more Digital-Tutors video training
Plus find all the tutorial files you need to help you follow along with the magazine, including Maya scene files and Python scripts, a 3ds Max and OBJ robot model, a stereo 3D image for you to check out with specs, plus an awesome 3ds Max chair model