3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Create striking characters
ZBrush character creation
- The awesome Kurt Papstein leads a step-by-step tutorial, revealing all his top tips and tricks for magnificent characters.
Master arch vis with scripts
- Our expert Chris Kowal teaches a guide to using scripts in 3ds Max to generate incredible buildings with superb control.
Epic sci-fi interior creation
- Sean Hargreaves, Hollywood designer for films, shows us the secrets of his LightWave workflow in an in-depth tutorial.
Learn to use light effectively
- Explore the principles of using light for storytelling in 3D illustrations with our feature by 3D artist and author Richard Yot.
- We interview the talented Kurt Papstein to find out how this sculpting genius has evolved alongside ZBrush
- As Sony Pictures Animations turns 10, we celebrate in retrospective and check out 'Hotel Transylvania'
- Go back to basics in our animation workshop for Maya to animate a bouncing ball (follow in other software, too!)
- Model and render a photorealistic wristwatch in LightWave, and test drive KeyShot and Bunkspeed for top results
- Shed light on your characters in modo with our lighting tutorial by Richard Yot – complete with project files
- Learn how to use V-Ray to create the perfect shaders for realistic skin in our bite-sized guide for 3ds Max
- See how you can go pro with free software using our helpful tutorial for Blender to create professional images
- Discover particle effects in CINEMA 4D and see how they can help you take your environments to new levels
- Take control of your textures in 3ds Max with an expert three-step guide from Autodesk's Jamie Gwilliam
- Our pick of the best images around: a stunning gallery of the team's hot picks from artists the world over
- After searching far and wide to find the latest happenings in the 3D community, we bring you the lowdown
- Check out what's happening in the world of 3D printing with our highlights of events, projects and new tech
- The readers talk back in our regular letters' page for a chance to win a Digital-Tutors' subscription
- 3D Artist mag readers strut their stuff in the 3D Artist Online Gallery showcase – are you among them?
- We review four entry-level workstations in our group test to find out which gives the best results for under £1,200
- Discover CINEMA 4D R14 in our in-depth review and find out why it's the most exciting version yet
- Meet Leviathan, the projection-mapping specialists pushing the boundaries of technology and space
- We find out how four students from Supinfocom created 'A Fox Tale', a stunning and professional-looking short
- Toni Bratincevic reveals his career success so far, charting his progression from Croatia to Los Angeles
- Go behind the scenes of CGWorkshops' 3D Creature Sculpting Course by Bryan Wynia
- Plus find out all the latest industry news, product launches and more!
Free with this issue...
- Over 5 hours of video training, including ZBrush tuition by Federico Scarbini from Digital-Tutors
- Fantastic free 3D models for your scenes, including a contemporary sofa and some great sci-fi assets
- Free scripts from Neil Blevins and Tyson Ibele will help take the pain out of arch vis
- Discover 50 high-res free skin textures from 3D.SK to help add realism to your characters
- LightWave video training from 3DGarage.com will have you mastering Bullet Dynamics in no time
- Plus find all the tutorial files you need to follow along with the magazine, including Maya scene files, LightWave materials, 3ds Max project files, a BLEND scene, textures and references, tutorial screenshots for better viewing, plus an incredible pack of ZBP and ZTL files from Kurt Papstein to help amp up your character creations.