3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Learn to master photoreal 3D
- Dmitry Denisov shares the secrets of his modo-ZBrush workflow to create hyperreal images.
Sculpt fabrics and folds
- Andrzej Kuziola models a fantasy female character to reveal his material-sculpting tricks.
Perfect your arch-vis scenes
- Chris Kowal returns to breathe life into an architectural masterpiece using post-production.
- Go behind the scenes of 'Stina & the Wolf' and gather tips to create convincing expressions.
- Win an online class worth $1,200 US from Gnomon School in our exclusive competition
- Ever wondered how studios create impressive VFX on a budget? We expose the facts…
- Discover the art of projection mapping with a behind-the-scenes feature by the specialists, Seeper
- Learn to animate a walk cycle in our non-software-specific guide for believable characters
- Achieve maximum 3D destruction with a masterclass tutorial for RayFire in 3ds Max
- Create realistic splash effects using free software with our 6-step guide for Blender
- Find out how to create condensed water effects on bottles using CINEMA 4D in only 6 steps!
- Master quick straps for belts and watches in ZBrush in under an hour with our pro tips
- Industry insider, senior VFX technical director on The Amazing Spider-Man, talks lifelike particles
- Our pick of the best images around: a stunning gallery of the team's hot picks from artists the world over
- After searching far and wide to find the latest happenings in the 3D community, we bring you the lowdown
- Check out what's happening in the world of 3D printing with our highlights of events, projects and new tech
- The readers talk back in our regular letters' page for a chance to win a Digital-Tutors' subscription
- 3D Artist mag readers strut their stuff in the 3D Artist Online Gallery showcase – are you among them?
- Heard about Smoke for Mac but not sure if it's for you? Find out what it's capable of in our review
- Hungry for textures? We review Substance Designer 3.0 to see how 'smart textures' are changing the game
- We put Lenovo's ThinkStation E31 SFF under the spotlight to see if a slim desktop can work magic for 3D
- One for gadget lovers: we test out the Wacom Cintiq 22HD to find out if it performs as good as it looks
- The Art Department gives us a peek at its new model for the next generation of 3D education: '3D I'
- Go behind the scenes of Milky Tea World to explore the vibrant works of this Liverpool-based studio
- Plus find out all the latest industry news, product launches and more!
Free with this issue...
- Exclusive UVLayout Hobbyist trial – fully-functioning till 1 March 2013
- Over $50 of free high-quality models to add detail to your scenes
- Digital-Tutors offers 1.5 hours of professional tuition for photoreal particle effects
- Uncover a wealth of 3D assets, including ZBrush brushes, an HDRI, Photoshop brushes and more
- Plus find all the magazine tutorial files you could ever need to follow along with the magazine, including OBJ models, video guides, textures, modo presets, ZTL files, MAX scene files, reference videos, C4D files, tutorial screenshots and more!