3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Learn the art of Weta character design
Weta wizardry revealed
- An inspiring interview with Weta Workshop's Andrew Baker plus an exclusive 6-page ZBrush tutorial.
20 steps to better environments
- Blizzard's Toni Bratincevic leads a step-by-step tutorial featuring his tried-and-tested workflow for 3ds Max.
Learn to create superior interiors
- LightWave master Eugenio Garcia goes vintage and helps us take our arch-vis skills to new levels.
ame art revolution
- How Ubisoft has crafted one of the most visually impressive games of the generation: 'Assassin's Creed III'.
- Virtual production explained: discover the tools and techniques used to bring effects-driven projects to life
- Go back to basics to animate a character lifting weights in our 10-step tutorial by Jahirul Amin
- Master vehicles in Blender with our expert guide to help you create awesome assets for free
- Pick up some PolyPainting tips and tricks for characters from ZBrush guru Maarten Verhoeven
- Learn how to create the perfect UVs with UVLayout in our 6-step workshop by Dmitry Denisov
- Shed light with Maxwell Render and learn how to tweak the mood of your arch-vis interiors
- Improve your VFX and animation projects with our Bullet Dynamics tutorial for LightWave 11
- Check out MARI 1.5 to see how this production-proven digital paint tool is changing artists' lives
- Do you like your storage to look stylish? We review G-RAID with Thunderbolt from G-Tech
- The 3ds Max 2013 Bible goes under the spotlight to see if it really is the gospel on all things Max
- Check out the new online training platform from Gnomon that brings Hollywood education to everyone
- We highlight the stunning short film 'Natalis' from a group of talented Filmakadmie students
- Adhesive Games reveals 'Hawken' and explains how even a modest budget can achieve epic results
- Blur's Kevin Margo discusses CG, VFX and how to balance a career with personal film projects
- Our pick of the best images around: a stunning gallery of the team's hot picks from artists the world over
- After searching far and wide to find the latest happenings in the 3D community, we bring you the lowdown
- Check out what's happening in the world of 3D printing with our highlights of events, projects and new tech
- The readers talk back in our regular letters page for a chance to win a Digital-Tutors subscription
- 3D Artist mag readers strut their stuff in the 3D Artist Online Gallery showcase – are you among them?
- Plus find out all the latest industry news, product launches and more!
Free with this issue…
Exclusive MARI 1.5 30-day trial
$59 worth of high-quality 3D models from Evermotion
An hour of professional tuition for realistic lighting with 3ds Max and mental ray from Digital-Tutors
25 detailed book and magazine models for arch-vis interiors courtesy of CGAxis
Plus find magazine tutorial files* to follow along with the magazine, including OBJ models, video references, Maya scene files, textures, video tutorials, LightWave files, tutorial screenshots and more!
*Note: While digital readers won't get the full CD hoard, all magazine tutorial files are available at www.3dartistonline.com/news/tutorial-files