3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
In this issue...
Achieve eye-catching texture
- They say the devil is in the details. Follow our expert guide by Luis Santos to uncover a few tricks of the trade.
3D cloth effects
- Take your arch-vis scenes to exceptional new levels with our step-by-step tutorial for Marvelous Designer.
- We take you through the hops, leaps and jumps to animate a 540-degree tornado kick in Maya.
Epic CG nature
- If you've been wondering how Rhythm & Hues mastered a tiger out at sea, check out our Life of Pi feature.
- Concept and build fantastical environments with our guide for 3ds Max, V-Ray and Photoshop
- Wreak a little havoc in Houdini with our Masterclass tutorial on building and flooding scenes
- Pick up a few cloth-modelling tips and tricks for the free software, Blender
- Have some fun with Replicators in modo to create quirky new concepts and illustrations
- Get to know digital sculpting for free with our 6-step tutorial for Sculptris – complete with video help
- Master product shots with our 3-hour guide for HDR Light Studio
- Explore the abstract concepts of fine artist Can Pekdemir, who uses modo to create bizarre deformations
- MPC and Cinesite reveal a few 007 secrets in our Skyfall VFX feature
- Gain confidence in your tools with our roundup of the top software used in visual effects
- We review Workstation Specialists' WSXG workstation to see if it packs a punch for 3D users
- What can the iClone5 Animation Pipeline software bundle do for you? Read our verdict in this issue
- Fancy sculpting characters for movies? We check out Stan Winston School's creature-sculpting training
- Halo 4 concept artist Chris Durso talks environments and industrial designs in an interview
- Go behind the scenes of 'Sang d'Encre', a stunning short film by a talented team of French students
- Our pick of the best images around: find a stunning gallery of the team's hot picks
- Get the lowdown and find out the latest happenings in the 3D community
- Check out what's going on in the world of 3D printing with our highlights of events, projects and tech
- Readers talk back in our letters page for a chance to win a Digital-Tutors subscription
- 3D Artist mag readers strut their stuff in the 3D Artist Online Gallery showcase – are you among them?
- Plus find out all the latest industry news, product launches and more!
Free with this issue...
- Full 3D software: Get a free copy of iClone4 PRO software with the CD!
- Never-ending trial: Use our exclusive version of Marvelous Designer 2 on the disc… forever!
- Free models: Find 3 high-quality arch-vis interiors with the CD from 3DOcean
- Video training: Digital-Tutors teaches exterior arch-vis creation over 3 hours of tuition
- Exclusive discounts: Try nDo2, Marmoset Toolbag and Trapcode Suite 12 and save 20% on full versions
Plus find magazine tutorial files* to follow along with the magazine, including Marmoset scene files and texture stencils, OBJs and shader files, HIP files and video guides, Maya scenes, video references and helpful tutorial screenshots
*While digital readers won't get the full CD hoard, all magazine tutorial files are available at www.3dartistonline.com/news/tutorial-files