3D Artist is an invaluable guide to the world of 3D, whether you are a budding artist or experienced professional. Each issue goes behind the scenes on the latest movies, talks to the most talented 3D artists and features the hottest new technologies. But that's just the start because 3D Artist is committed to showcasing the finest work being produced by the 3D community, with the Gallery that showcases amazing images to the tutorials and Q&A where inspiring artists share their workflow and skills. Each issue also contains a CD packed full of models, textures, software and accessories, making 3D Artist the complete package for anyone who appreciates 3D.
Features and Interviews
- Stephan Martiniere – id Software’s Creative Director reveals all
- Ocular Production – Singapore-based, luscious interior CGI design
- Rise of the Robots – how CGI characters are taking over films
How to create amazing pieces of artwork:
- Gas Station Diner – from scratch tutorial recreating 50s Americana
- Alien v Predator Pool – favourite enemies having a pint and a game
- Broken Armistice – War in space and files on the CD for you to make it
The inside track on the CGI industry:
- University challenge – latest 3D courses and student gallery
- Daren Horley – Lead Texture and Matte artist at Framestore
- Studio access – Lionhead Studios on Fable II and Knothole Island
Please note: The menu system on this magazine’s coverdisc will not operate on Apple’s Lion OS, but you can still access all of the content on a Mac.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.