Retro Gamer is the essential guide to the fascinating world of retro gaming. Regardless of whether you've been playing games since the arrival of Pong or have just discovered classic machines you'll find Retro Gamer to be an indispensable read. Every issue you get in-depth articles covering the very best games, franchises and machines and exclusive interviews with some of the industry’s biggest developers. All this put together by a knowledgeable team of experts who are as passionate about videogames as their readership. A rare insight into the industry’s rich and glorious past – something that no other videogame publication does. Retro Gamer is truly unique.
In this issue...
Developers reveal their favourite power-ups of all time and why they're important in games
30 Greatest Ever Power-Ups
- We take a look at gaming's greatest power-ups and ask classic developers to reveal their own.
The King Of Chaos
- Julian Gollop looks back at his Chaos series and reveals his plans for a new reboot.
The History Of Civilization
- Sid Meier looks back at his popular strategy series and reveals how it all started.
Collector's Guide Mega Drive
- We reveal the best games and add-ons to buy for Sega's 16-bit console.
- 30 Greatest Ever Power-Ups
- The Making Of Rex
- Retro Shamer Back To The Future Part II
- From The Archives Special FX
- Future Classic Dead Space
- The Unconverted
- Gaming Legends Sid Meier
- The History Of Civilization
- The Making Of Star Castle
- The King Of Chaos
- In The Chair With Jordan Mechner
- Retro Revival Rocket Knight Adventures
- Collector's Guide Mega Drive
- Retro Revival Eye Of The Beholder II: The Legend Of Darkmoon