Web Designer is the flagship publication for international web creatives, offering expert project-based tutorials across modern disciplines such as HTML, CSS, jQuery, Flash, Photoshop, WordPress blogging and mobile apps. Accessible to hobbyists and professionals of all skill levels, the content is constantly informed by agency profiles, breaking stories and cutting-edge trends. Each issue features a CD packed with invaluable design resources and project files for the tutorials in the magazine. Give your latest website the perfect start with the ultimate design mag for the web professional.
In this issue...
The CSS Style Guide
- 25 must-know techniques to add visual enhancements and practical improvements.
Git for designers
- Take ownership of your projects with the designer's favourite version control system
Top 5 WordPress starter themes
- Avoid the hard work and start creating custom themes in double quick time
Full Stop interactive
- Independent three-man digital design agency reveal how United Pixelworkers has taken on a life of its own
- Create 3D headers with WebGL
- Build an elegant timeline with TimelineJS
- Create an interactive graph with the Rickshaw library
- Build a mobile app to locate a device and get directions
- Make a CSS3 hexagonal menu
- Create fixed menus and navigation bars
- How to take control of scrolling content
- Build a competitions plug-in for WordPress
- Develop a simple Spotify player with Ruby
Clouds over Cuba
Advertising legends The Martin agency and interactive storytellers Tool reveal the story behind digital documentary reliving the Cuban Missile Crisis
Evan Rudowski, CEO of SubHub - a provider of digital membership solutions, explains that finding the right CMS isn't as easy as you think
Free with this issue...
Over 180 minutes of HTML5 & jQuery video tutorials
Fresh Idea XML template
Modern WordPress theme
18 Hi-res watercolour brushes
30 Real splat and splatter brushes
Kaushan Script font
10 Recommended CSS frameworks
30 Sound effects and loops
Essential magazine tutorial files